We understand how important privacy is and we are committed to ensuring that yours is protected. If we ask you to provide personal information then you can be sure that it will only be used in accordance with this policy and ultimately to help you with the purchase or sale of a boat.
Wooden Ships International Yacht Brokers may update this policy in future and so our advice is to occasionally check back for any changes.
If you do have any concerns or queries, please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Richard Gregson is responsible for ensuring transparency to our users, compliance with regulations and maintaining an ongoing dialogue with the Information Commissioners Office. This policy is effective from 01/05/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and telephone numbers.
- Geographic information such as address.
- Your personal preferences and interests relevant to your enquiry. For example, you are interested in a boat between 32-35 feet that is of a traditional working boat design.
What we do with your information
We capture this information to form a picture of your requirements and to help find the right boat for you or to assist in finding a buyer for your boat.
- Contacting you regarding following an enquiry into a boat that we have for sale.
- We may use the information to ask you about your thoughts on our service and how we can improve. For example, if we planned to update our website it would be really beneficial if we could talk to users of the site to understand their views on how we could improve their experience.
- We may contact you with details about a boat coming onto the market that fits into your search parameters.
- We may contact you about a boat the fits within your search parameters that has been reduced in price.
The basis of us holding your data is your legitimate interest which is expressed through an enquiry. We will retain this information for the duration of your boat search or for up to two years. If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your data you can write to us at email@example.com.
Ensuring that your information is secure is a priority for us. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure to your information, we have put in place robust physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
The way that we store computer based data meets the requirements of ISO27001 for Information Security Management, ISO27001 for Cloud Security and ISO 27018.
Website statistics are produced, using cookies, allowing us to record visitor numbers, number of pages viewed and referral source. These statistics do not record any personal data, the data simply helps us to administer and enhance the site and service.
You can turn cookies off; please refer to the help section of your browser software for instructions on how to do this.
We do not pass on any of your personal details, or sell mailing list data, to third parties.
First party cookies
WordPress Cookies: PHPSESSID
Used by WordPress to identify a specific user session. Expires at the end of the session.
Third Party Cookies
Google Analytics cookies: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties at any point, for any reason.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016. Specifically you have the right to:
– Request access, to understand what data we hold related to you.
– Request erasure, this means we will delete all data related to you.
We will handle your request within 30 days and this will usually be done free of charge. If you would like to make a request or have any queries then please write to us at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete email us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A final note
Sailing, buying a boat and everything about this hobby is meant to be enjoyable. We will only contact you because we believe we have a boat that could be right for you and because we think it will help. If this is not the case, please let us know, we only want to help and not hinder.